The VEIN Specialists (www.ILveins.com), is expanding our clinical staff due to increased patient volume and has an immediate need for a Medical Assistant. The VEIN Specialists (TVS) has offices located in Bloomington (Main Office), Eureka, Peru, Springfield and Streator.
Job Title: Medical Assistant
Employee Type: Full-Time
Required Experience: At least 2 years
The Medical Assistant works in tandem with the Physician(s), Front Desk staff, and Business Office staff to provide patients with excellent medical care in the most respectful and courteous manner. Makes sure that all patients who come to The VEIN Specialists are made to feel welcome and comfortable. Always remains friendly and polite whether on the phone or in an exam room with a patient. Work as a part of the TVS clinical care team.
- Knowledge of venous disease;
- Knowledge of various treatment options for varicose and spider veins;
- Knowledge of VeinSpec EMR software;
- Knowledge of appointment scheduling guidelines;
- Knowledge of business office procedures;
- Knowledge of medical terminology and coding;
- Knowledge of grammar, spelling, and punctuation to type patient information;
- Knowledge of common safety procedures and precautions to establish / maintain a safe work environment.
- Skill in exercising high degree of initiative, judgment, discretion and day-to-day decision-making.
- Skill in identifying problems and recommending solutions.
- Skill in preparing/maintaining medical records, writing reports and responding to correspondence.
- Ability to speak clearly and concisely.
- Ability to read, understand and follow oral & written instruction.
- Ability to sort / file data by alphabetic or numeric systems.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with TVS staff, referral physicians and their staff, TVS patients, and TVS vendor relationships.
- Ability to maintain the strictest confidentiality.
- Ability to read, interpret and apply corporate policies and procedures.
- Ability to set priorities among multiple requests.
- Ability to communicate clearly to and interact effectively with TVS personnel at all levels;
- Ability to maintain quality control standards;
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
The VEIN Specialists offers applicants a competitive hourly wage and extraordinary benefits including BCBS major medical, dental and a 401k plan.
Interested candidates should provide a cover letter outlining your relevant experience, along with a current copy of your resume, and email or mail to:
The VEIN Specialists
3302 Gerig Drive, Suite 100
Bloomington, IL 61704