Ruel N Wright, MD
After receiving my Medical Degree from the University of Michigan Medical School in 1974, I completed both general surgery and cardiothoracic surgery residencies at the University of Illinois Hospital in Chicago. Following completion of my training in 1982, I joined a cardiac surgery practice in Little Rock, Arkansas.
I moved to Bloomington in 1991 to lead the cardiac surgery program at OSF St Joseph Medical Center. Over the next 20 years, our practice expanded to include Advocate Bromenn Medical Center, as well as Decatur Memorial Hospital, where we performed cardiac, thoracic, and vascular surgery procedures. In 2003, I became interested in the newer less-invasive procedures for treating varicose veins. After training with Dr. Ron Bush in Dayton, Ohio, I started an office-based varicose vein clinic within our practice.
I now enjoy seeing patients at The Vein Specialists facility. There is a relaxed, patient-centered, atmosphere where each patient receives state-of-the-art diagnosis and treatment for their venous disease.
I am married with two adult children and two grandchildren. I enjoy spending time with my family, golf, biking, photography, reading, travel, theatre, art, music, and, of course, our Cavachon puppy.
Education and Training
- Doctor of Medicine, University of Michigan
- Residency in General Surgery, University of Illinois Hospital, Chicago
- Residency in Cardiothoracic Surgery, University of Illinois Hospital, Chicago
- Registered Physician in Vascular Interpretation (RPVI)
- American Board of Thoracic Surgery
- American Board of Surgery
- Board eligible, American Board of Venous and Lymphatic Medicine